Spicy Stuffed SquidO Meu Tempero
Sometimes you want to prepare a dish that will wow the family and make them feel like they are at a five-star restaurant. This recipe for Spicy Stuffed Squid takes 55 minutes to prepare and is only 120 calories per serving. Since there are 10 servings, it is great for a big family dinner, holiday, or special occasion. Why not grab the ingredients the next time you are grocery shopping?
- 10 squid
- 1 onions (large, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red chili peppers (large, chopped, seeds removed)
- 2 carrots (medium, cut in small cubes)
- 1/4 green pepper (cut in small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (concentrated)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Thaw out the squid.
- 2Separate the tentacles and fins, and chop them with a knife.
- 3Remove all the insides.
- 4It's easier if you turn them inside out.
- 5Remove the thin skin that covers the squid, just pull it off easily.
- 6In a saucepan, stew the onion, garlic, bacon, and bay leaf in olive oil.
- 7Add the tentacles and fins, and cook in a covered pan for a few minutes until almost tender.
- 8Add chili, carrot, pepper, and concentrated tomato paste.
- 9Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- 10Season with salt.
- 11Remove from heat, and add coriander.
- 12Let cool slightly, and use a small spoon to fill the squid.
- 13Close each squid with a toothpick.
- 14In a pan, add olive oil, and cook squid over medium heat, cover with leftover filling juice, if any.
- 15Serve with white rice, mashed potatoes, or just stewed vegetables.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.