Spicy Strawberry SorbetKitchenAid
- 135 milliliters unsweetened almond milk (or soy or coconut milk for nut -free)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (chopped)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (roughly chopped, 1/2 medium pepper)
- 1/4 cup goji berries (optional, Asia)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (plus more to taste, optional)
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1Throw the milk, dates, bell pepper, and goji berries, and cayenne (if using) into your KitchenAid® Power Plus® blender container, secure the lid, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the dates, bell pepper, and goji are completely pulverized, and the mixture is smooth.
- 2Scrape down the sides of the blender container with the flex edge of the tamper. Add the frozen strawberries, secure the lid, remove the center lid cap, and insert the tamper.
- 3Holding the tamper in place with a firm grip, process on variable speed 11 for 20 to 30 seconds, using the tamper to guide the fruit through the blades until smooth, but still frozen.
- 4Scoop out, and serve immediately like a frozen yogurt, or chill in the freezer for 2 hours to firm up for a harder sorbet consistency. Do not freeze for much longer or ice crystals will develop.