If you still have an abundance of strawberries from your harvest and want to make a sweet treat, then try this recipe for Spicy Strawberry Baskets. This rich and flavorful recipe combines flaky filo pastry with cream cheese, strawberries, and spicy ingredients for a flavor that is out of this world. This dessert is perfect for a small family gathering or potluck luncheon. Any way you serve it, you will be amazed at how fast it disappears.
- 1/2 filo pastry (pack)
- 6 teaspoons cream cheese
- 6 teaspoons strawberry jam (with chili)
- poppy seeds (to garnish)
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 3 strawberries (fresh)
- Remove the pastry from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before using.
- Roll out pastry and cut sheets into 9 squares.
- Arrange 3 pastry sheets in each pan, so that edges overlap decoratively.
- Place a spoonful of cream cheese on the bottom of each basket and top with strawberry jam.
- Sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds. 5.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 10 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with half a strawberry.