Spicy Shrimp WokLolibox
In a time crunch and looking for a quick meal? This Asian and Mexican fusion shrimp dish will be ready in a matter of minutes. Salty soy sauce is balanced by the super spicy Tabasco sauce and bitter ginger puree. Cornstarch helps thicken the blended sauce and helps it stick to the shrimp during the cooking process. Serve warm over a cup of white rice, Asian noodles, or in a bowl by themselves for a low carb option.
- 15 large shrimp (or prawns)
- 6 spring onions (with leaves, or 2 onions)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- water (10 cl.)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (or tabasco)
- ground ginger (to taste)
- 1Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail.
- 2Finely chop the onions and stalk, or thinly slice the onions
- 3Mix cornstarch with water in a bowl.
- 4Heat the wok and sear the onions.
- 5Add the prawns and brown on high heat.
- 6Sprinkle with soy sauce and hot sauce; sprinkle with ginger.
- 7Add the cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- 8Serve hot.