When searching for the perfect palate pleasing ethnic dish to create for a special occasion, it is good to remember who your audience will be. This recipe for Spicy Shrimp Tagine is rich, hearty and decadent. The spices and flavors blend into a mouthwatering experience that is out of this world. Your taste buds will thank you for this dish. Serve it up with your favorite rice and side dish for a complete meal.
- 500 grams shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves
- fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon spice blend (four-)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash the shrimp.
- Peel the garlic and mince or smash with a garlic press.
- Wash and chop the cilantro.
- Poach the shrimp for 5 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Shell the shrimp, keeping the tails.
- Seed and slice the pepper.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, add the 4-spice blend, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add the pepper and saute.
- Add the shrimp and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.