Spicy Seafood SaladCasseroles et claviers
A mixture of seafood is flavored with bold Asian-inspired ingredients for spicy and delicious dish. This salad is bursting with bright flavors and is great for lunch or dinner. If you do not like as much heat, simply cut down on the amount of chile you add. Want to make it a little more filling? Add some brown rice or quinoa for some complex carbs.
- 200 grams squid (white)
- 200 grams scallops (king)
- vegetable oil
- 200 grams shrimp (cooked and peeled)
- 1 shallots
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 sprig mint
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 2 chilies (bird, to taste)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons nuoc nam
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1Cut the squid into rings, cook in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove from water, drain, and cool.
- 2Saute the scallops in a pan with a drizzle of oil. Cool. Mix the scallops with the shrimp and the white squid.
- 3Cut the shallot into thin slices and finely chop the mint, lime leaves, and coriander. Remove the first two layers of the lemongrass stem and cut off the green end, keeping only the white part. Cut the stem into thin slices. Slice the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds. Dice them very finely. Mix all the ingredients together, let cool.
- 4Prepare the sauce in a bowl by mixing the nuoc nam, sugar, and lemon juice.
- 5To serve: Pour the sauce on salad just before serving. Serve the pepper separately in a small ramekin so that each person adds it to taste.