This spicy appetizer looks complicated, but can be assembled earlier in the day and refrigerated until serving time.
- 6 ounces spicy Italian sausage (cooked, crumbled and drained)
- 7 ounces hummus
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olives (oil-cured, chopped)
- 3 1/2 ounces roasted red peppers (diced)
- 4 green onions (chopped, including some green)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4 pita bread (6-inch)
- In medium bowl, stir together hummus, sour cream and cayenne pepper; spread evenly on a 10-inch serving plate. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients in this order: olives, artichoke, sausage, roasted pepper, onion and feta.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Split pita breads in half horizontally; cut each round into six wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve with dip.