Spicy San Juan Pear and Duck Ham SaladKooking
You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Spicy San Juan Pear and Duck Ham Salad . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 6 pears (San Juan)
- Equal Sweetener
- juniper (small balls of)
- 2 cardamom seeds
- 1 lime (sheet, sold dried)
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry
- 200 grams mesclun
- sherry vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 slices duck ham
- 1In a saucepan, heat water and sugar with juniper, cardamom, and lime.
- 2While mixture comes to boil, peel pears and add to pan.
- 3Cook for 20 minutes.
- 4Then let cool in the syrup and let stand overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 6To make the phyllo cup, cut 2 sheets of pastry into 6 pieces each.
- 7Brush each piece with a little oil to prevent them from drying out.
- 8Using a muffin pan, place two pieces of phyllo dough in each well with the edges pointing up.
- 9Bake in preheated oven until pastry begins to brown.
- 10Remove from oven, cool on rack so they stay crisp.
- 11In a small bowl, whisk together salt, sherry vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil.
- 12Just before serving, season each phyllo cup with a small amount of sherry vinegar mixture.
- 13Arrange mesclun, pear and a slice of duck ham in each cup.
- 14Sprinkle with pine nuts.