- 1/3 pound white American cheese (cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 pound spicy pork sausage (or soft chorizo sausage)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno chilies (seeded, and finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Attach KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl and beater to mixer. Set heat to 215°F. Once preheated, place American cheese and milk in bowl. Allow mixture to melt and heat for 10 minutes.
- While cheese is melting, cook and crumble sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook and stir until sausage is cooked through and onions are softened. Remove from heat and drain away excess grease or absorb with paper towels. Stir in tomatoes and chili powder. Set mixture aside.
- Turn mixer to Stir and blend American cheese and milk together for 15 to 20 seconds, or until smooth. Add Cheddar cheese and continue to mix until melted and smooth, about 30 to 40 seconds. Reduce bowl heat to 150°F. Continuing on Stir speed, blend in sausage mixture until all ingredients are mixed, about 15 to 20 seconds.