A purely delightful spread that brings out everything you love about Autumn. Nutty and smooth butternut squash is combined with earthy rich carrots. Together they form an earthy base, while turmeric and ginger add a spicy freshness. Puree in a food processor until the spread has a velvety smooth texture and is deep orange in color. Fold in salt and pepper to taste. Mouthwatering Fall flavors overtop a buttered crisp crostini or aside roasted Autumn vegetables.
- 100 grams butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 50 grams butter
- ginger (to taste)
- turmeric (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan, add the carrots and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until they become tender.
- Add the pumpkin and continue cooking.
- When the vegetables are cooked, drain, and place them in the blender.
- Add the butter, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper and grind to a puree.
- If necessary, add a little olive to achieve desired consistency.