Spicy Powdered Milk Cookies are perfect for an afternoon snack. They will give you the flavorful pick up you need. Ingredients include butter, brown sugar, eggs, flour, powdered milk, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder and salt. While they make some time to prepare because they need to be refrigerated for about an hour before baking, they will fill your home with a wonderful aroma and your mouth will thank you with every bite.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 80 grams powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter with the sugar.
- Add the egg, and stir until well mixed.
- In another bowl, sift the flour with the powdered milk, cinnamon, ginger powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Then, mix well the two mixtures to obtain a light and moldable dough.
- Divide the dough into two flat discs, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, and cut out desired shape.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Gently place the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, or on a silicone mat. Refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until edges begin to toast lightly, and cookies turn golden brown.
- Remove immediately, and cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator, or at room temperature.
PER SERVING *
|Calories890Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.