This contemporary take on the cocktail sandwich offers popular southwestern flavors. Make sandwiches shortly before serving; or offer ingredients separately so guests can make their own.
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 loaves french bread (about 1 pound each, sliced thin)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (minced)
- Combine garlic, paprika, salt, oregano, cumin and peppers in small bowl; rub over all surfaces of pork. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pork from refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting heat oven to 425 degrees F. Unwrap pork, place in shallow roasting pan and roast 20 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees. Cool to room temperature. Slice very thinly and make sandwiches with French bread slices with Salsa Mayonnaise.