Spicy Pork Loin and Basmati Rice with Saffron and RaisinsO Meu Tempero
This Spicy Pork Loin and Basmati Rice with Saffron and Raisins is a delicious dinner that will surprise your family. It is flavorful, aromatic, delicious, and only takes 40 minutes to prepare. So, you can have a hearty meal fit for a five-star restaurant in your home any night of the week. This recipe is packed with aromatic spices and decadently rich pork loin. If you need a family dinner recipe, this is it.
- 1 pork loin (cut into not too thick medallions)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries (lightly crushed)
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (as needed)
- ground black pepper (as needed)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon indian saffron (turmeric)
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Season the pork loin with all the ingredients.
- 2Allow to marinate for a few hours, or from one day to the next.
- 3Heat a large frying pan without any grease.
- 4Cook the medallions on both sides. When almost done, add the leftover marinade.
- 5Place the raisins in water to soften.
- 6While the medallions cook, place the rice and water in a pan. Add the turmeric, cinnamon stick, salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 7Stir the rice on medium heat, then cover and cook until the water is completely absorbed.
- 8Add the raisins. Separate the rice grains carefully with a fork.
- 9Serve the medallions immediately, accompany with rice, and a green salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories560Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.