The perfect answer for “what’s for dinner” during the hectic preholiday weeks. These pork chop sandwiches are hearty and satisfying—and come together quickly.
- 4 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons cheese (jalapeno, shredded)
- 4 sandwich buns (split and toasted)
- Stir together chili powder, salt, oregano, thyme and pepper. Rub herb mixture onto both sides of chops. Place pork on broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn meat; broil 3 minutes more until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Place tomato slices on pork; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1 minute more or until cheese melts. Serve on toasted bun with lettuce.