- 4 cups green cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- red cabbage (You can use all green or all)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced, or more)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (or more, If you’re not a cilantro fan just use more green onion.)
- 4 tablespoons mayo (or a little more if you like your salad with lots of dressing)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (; more or less to taste, If you’re not crazy about sour flavors, start with a smaller amount and add more to the dressing until it tastes good to you.)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste, Start with a small amount, then taste the dressing and add more until it’s as spicy as you prefer. I like this best with Green Tabasco Sauce, but I’ve made it with Sriracha sauce many times. Any hot sauce will work, but hot sauce that’s orange will turn the cabbage pink if it’s refrigerated overnight.)
- salt (to taste, I used Vege-Sal which I greatly prefer over regular salt for this salad.)
PER SERVING *
|Calories100Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Harv H. 15 May
Spicy Mex Slaw turned out very good..was a hit at mothers day luncheon..with crawfish ettufae(sp),cajun chicken, jalapeno cornbread muffins.. everyone agreed that it would be great on fish tacos too!!
Megan J. 13 May
Great go to for a taco topper or by itself. I always have people asking for the recipe!
Heidi F. 12 May
This is delicious! I used it as the condiment for on our fish tacos!
Ann M. 24 Jan
Delicious. Great with chicken, pork or beef. I use it in my tacos and burgers instead of lettuce. Great tangy flavour.