Spicy Lentils with tomato and chorizoO Meu Tempero
Lentils and chorizo are a match made in culinary heaven, as aptly demonstrated by this recipe. The spicy sauage is first sauteed with onion and tomato paste and spiced with cracked cardamom pods and a bit of hot pepper jelly, and then the lentils are added along with some water and allowed to simmer until tender. Avoid overcooking lentils or they will turn mushy. Serve the stew with rice, if desired.
- 250 dried lentils (grs of)
- 1 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 chorizo
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper jam
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 liter water (or meat broth)
- 1 zucchini
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Let the lentils soak overnight.
- 2In a pot, with a drizzle olive oil, sauté the onion and the chopped garlic.
- 3Add the chorizo to the cubes and let fry.
- 4Then place the chopped tomato free skin and seeds, tomato pulp, chili jam and slightly open cardamom pods.
- 5Add the hot water (to be faster) and boil for and then place the already drained lentils.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes over medium heat.
- 7Season with salt.
- 8Add the zucchini cut into cubes and cook another 10 minutes or so.
- 9Serve hot with basmati rice and track.