- 2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 inches fresh ginger root (skins removed and chopped, or substitute 2 teaspoons of ground ginger)
- 4 tablespoons sake (filtered, or dry sherry, optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl combine the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sake, sesame oil and brown sugar and whisk to form a marinade. Add the cubed pork to the marinade and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated cubes of pork on skewers, about 4 to 5 pieces per skewer. Transfer the skewers to the grill and cook, uncovered, turning to brown evenly every 2 to 3 minutes until tender, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- *You can find chili garlic sauce and sesame oil in the ethnic or Asian section of most major supermarkets.