- 2 boneless pork chops (cut into stir-fry strips)
- 3 ounces ramen noodles (pork flavor)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (OR blanched almonds, finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- green onions (sliced,, optional)
- cook egg hard (chopped,, optional)
- lemon slices (optional)
- Discard the seasoning packet from the noodle soup (or save for another use). Cut the dried noodles in half crosswise. Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, nuts, ginger, garlic, coriander and turmeric until onion is tender. Add pork; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in the broth, lemon juice and red pepper. Bring to a simmer; lower heat, cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- To serve, place noodles in soup bowls. Using slotted spoon, remove pork mixture from broth and place on top of noodles. Ladle hot broth into bowls. Serve soup with assorted garnishes, if desired.