In a time crunch and looking for a quick meal? This Spicey Honeyed Chicken and Vegetable Tajine recipe will be ready in a matter of minutes. Salty soy sauce is balanced by the super spicy Tabasco sauce and bitter ginger puree. Cornstarch helps thicken the blended sauce and helps it stick to the shrimp during the cooking process. Serve warm over a cup of white rice, Asian noodles, or in a bowl by themselves for a low carb option.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken (breats)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (medium, thinly sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 500 milliliters chicken broth
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 zucchini (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow peppers (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 60 grams grapes
- 60 grams whole almonds
- In a skillet, saute the chicken, and then place in the tagine.
- Saute onions and garlic, don't let them brown. Add to the tagine.
- Add the ginger and cinnamon.
- Mix the honey, vinegar, and lime juice with the chicken broth. Pour into the tagine.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- 1/2 hour before serving, add the zucchini, peppers, almonds, and grapes.
- Mix in well and continue cooking.