Simple chops. Use fresh herbs if you have them or experiment with different herbs. Serve with baked potatoes, steamed vegetable mix and lettuce salad.
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (OR plain nonfat yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine buttermilk, parsley, cayenne, thyme, salt and pepper. Place chops in a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag. Pour marinade over chops, seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Remove pork chops from marinade and discard marinade. Place chops on a kettle-style grill directly over medium-hot coals, close grill hood and grill for 4-6 minutes. Turn chops and grill for 4 minutes more or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.