Burgers don’t have to be boring! These deluxe pork patties, packed with savory seasonings, are made extra-special with a tangy pineapple slaw topper. Serve with sweet potato chips and Caprese Salad.
- 1 pound ground pork (lean)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup coleslaw (creamy, from deli)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 4 sandwich buns (large)
- In medium bowl mix together well the pork, onions, cilantro, garlic, horseradish, steak sauce and seasonings. Form into four patties, about 1/2-inch thick, set aside. Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together coleslaw and drained pineapple, cover and chill.
- Grill pork patties directly over fire, about 5 minutes per side, , until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Serve on buns, topped with coleslaw mixture.