- 8 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (valentina, OR your favorite)
- 1/2 cup honey
- black pepper
- Combine all dry ingredients to make rub. Brush pork chops on all sides with oil, making sure to coat well. Lay out pork chops on a jelly roll type pan and freely apply rub to each side of the chop. Place chops in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, make your homemade BBQ sauce. Combine all ingredients, blend with a whisk and allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare your grill. When it’s hot, place pork chops on the grill over a medium-high heat. Grill chops approximately 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees Fahrenheit when inserted into the thickest part of the chop. Remove from heat and allow to rest 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve chops whole or sliced with BBQ sauce on the side.