Didn't think double-chocolate cake could have a kick? Well this one does! This double-chocolate cake has a hint of chile pepper to give it that extra kick at the end of your meal. Try this dessert to balance a latin meal and pair with a cold beverag…
. Not your typical double chocolate cake but definitley one to try yourself. This cake is delicious with a twist. Let us know your thoughts!
- 410 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 6 eggs
- 60 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chile pepper
- heavy cream
- Break 350 grams of chocolate into pieces and melt it using a double boiler or in the oven at 60 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat the oven to 150 C.
- Add the butter and sugar to a bowl and beat them with an electric mixer until soft and foamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, alternating with the flour.
- Add the chili pepper and the warm melted chocolate.
- Pour the batter into a 20-centimeter, parchment paper-lined cake pan.
- Bake the cake in a double boiler for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from the double boiler and return it to the oven on the bottom rack for 15 minutes.
- Cool the cake for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Break the remaining chocolate into pieces and add it to a saucepan. Bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour it over the chocolate.
- Cover, remove from the heat and allow the chocolate to melt for 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture from the center of the bowl outwards, using a spatula to completely incorporate the heavy cream until smooth and uniform.
- Serve the cake with the warm icing.
|Calories1300Calories from Fat760|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat760|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.