- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 3 cucumbers (diced)
- 4 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 3 green onions (diced white and green parts, keep 1 tbsp for garnish)
- 2 jalapenos (minced**)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup basil (chopped)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes (dried)
- Place garlic cloves in blender or food processor and blitz until pulverized.
- Add 1/2 of cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, green onion and jalapenos to garlic. Add 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, pinch each salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to vegetables and pulse until liquefied. Pour into large bowl.
- Add remaining vegetables, 2 tbsp olive oil and herbs to blender or processor. Pulse 3-4 times. You want to just break up the vegetables a bit while keeping some texture.
- Pour the vegetables into the bowl with the liquefied ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Chill in refrigerator until very cold, 4 hours or more. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.* serve with a drizzle of best quality extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of green onions and a pinch of fresh herbs on top.
- * Don't adjust seasonings until after the soup has chilled. The ingredients will meld together and the taste will change from the unchilled version.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.