- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 corn husks (cobs, and silk removed, kernels cut from cobs)
- 1 yellow onion (large, finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 8 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 ounce cilantro (chopped)
- For the soup, heat half the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat. Add half the corn and the onion and sauté for 3 mins or until the onion is softened. Add the garlic, ginger and chili paste. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the stock, bring to a boil then reduce to heat to medium and simmer.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Brown the chicken for 5 mins on each side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 mins. Shred.
- Place the remaining corn and 2 tbsp water in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 mins, or until tender. Transfer to a food processor or blender and purée until almost smooth. Stir into the soup along with the shredded chicken and heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, season and stir in half the cilantro. Ladle into serving bowls. Serve topped with the remaining chicken, remaining cilantro and some freshly ground pepper.
|Calories280Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.