- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 onions (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 12 ounces spanish chorizo (or other cooked sausage, chopped)
- 1 chili pepper (finely sliced)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can red kidney beans (15 oz, rinsed and drained)
- 1 can butter beans (15 oz, rinsed and drained)
- fresh parsley (Chopped, for serving)
- Mix the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, mustard and half the onions together and season with salt and pepper. With slightly wet hands, form the mixture into 20 small meatballs. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 8-10 mins until browned, turning as needed.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring often, for 1-2 mins. Add the remaining onions, reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 mins. Stir in the chili pepper and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Add the broth, kidney beans, butter beans and meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 mins until flavors have blended. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.