Spiced with nutmeg, ginger, and black pepper, these Spicy Chocolate Truffles have all of the flavors of your favorite chai latte. Made with dark chocolate and rum, these chocolate truffles have a rich and luxurious texture and flavor. Rolled in a mixture of the spices and cocoa powder, these Spicy Chocolate Truffles make great gifts for chocolate loving friends and family or they can be served as a bite size dessert at your next event.
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fleur de sel
- 2 tablespoons rum
- cocoa (Bittersweet, powdered)
- ground nutmeg
- ground ginger
- ground black pepper
- Heat the heavy cream to almost boiling.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a bowl.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate and let it stand for a few minutes so that it will begin melting the chocolate, then stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Incorporate the butter, a pinch of salt, and the rum and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 3 hours.
- Remove the ganache, which is now solid, from the refrigerator, take small spoonfuls of ganache and roll in your hands quickly.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and refrigerate them for 3 hours or freeze them for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the balls in a mixture of powdered cocoa and a pinch each of nutmeg, ginger, and black pepper.
- Place the coated truffles in small muffin liners or in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate the truffles until they are to be served.
|Calories120Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|