- 14 ounces pickled jalapeno (slices)
- 24 slices shaved deli ham
- 16 slices bacon
- 16 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces lettuce (shredded)
- 3 beef steak tomatoes (sliced)
- 16 slices bacon
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 yellow onion (medium, 1/2-inch slices)
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle (en adobo)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from chipotle can)
- 4 chile pepper (Spread)
- 1 new mexican red chile
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (fire-roasted)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 chile de arbol
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chipotle can)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook bacon slowly until crisp rendering out all the fat.Drain on paper towel andreserve some of the bacon fat. Pre-heat on medium high heat a deep cast iron pan with a lid or Dutch oven.Cut pork shoulder into 8 chunks and season with salt and pepper. Add vegetable oil to pan and brown pork on all sides. Remove meat and add bacon fat and onions cooking until just brown.Add meat, garlic, and stock to pan and bring to a boil.Cover and place in a 350F pre-heated oven for 2.5 hours. Remove from oven and let rest with the lid on for 15 minutes before shredding.Scrape up the onions from the pan and reserve.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Break off stems of dry chilies and add to boiling water for 20 minutes and then remove seeds.Drain tomatoes and add to blender with remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Set oven rack in the center and turn oven to broil.On the bottom half of the baguette place the 4 chile pepper spread, jalapenos, pulled pork, deli ham, and cheese.Place on sheet pan and put under broiler until cheese melts.Spread chipotle mayo on top half of the baguette and top with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and reserved onions.