Spicy Chipotle Pork Tacos with Sun-Dried Tomato SalsaPork
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 3 1/2 ounces chipotles in adobo
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (halved, about 2 ounces)
- 1 red onion (small, finely chopped, generous 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup kalamata (pitted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas (warmed)
- 1Lay tenderloin on a cutting board and cut it in half across the width. Butterfly each piece by making a lengthwise cut to within 1/4 inch of the other side. With a meat pounder or heavy mallet, pound to between 1/4- and 1/8-inch thickness.
- 2In a food processor or blender, thoroughly puree the chipotles with the adobo sauce; reserve 1 tablespoon. Spread remaining pureed chipotles on both sides of the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 24 hours.
- 3In a small saucepan, bring the orange juice just to a boil. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, stir well, cover and remove from the heat. Let stand, stirring once or twice, until softened, about 20 minutes.
- 4Scrape the softened tomatoes with juice into a food processor or blender; add reserved chipotle puree. Pulse the processor until the tomatoes are rather finely chopped (but not pureed). Scrape into a small serving bowl. Add the onion, olives, cilantro and lime juice. Stir together, taste and season with salt if needed. Set aside at room temperature while you cook the pork.
- 5Set a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, brushing or spreading around to evenly coat the surface. When the oil is very hot add one of the pork pieces. Sear until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and sear the other side, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm. Sear the remaining pork.
- 6Chop the pork into 1/2-inch pieces and scoop into a warm serving bowl. Set on the table along with the salsa and warm tortillas.
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mexican Pork TenderloinBalanced Bites
Seared Pork tenderloin with cocoa-Chili Mexican spice rubNatty's Pantry
Mexican Pork Tenderloin AdoboMommy's Home Cooking
Chocolate Bar's Mexican Pork Tenderloin19 Action News
Chipotle Pork Tenderloin And Mexican RiceCooking LSL
Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Salsa RojaCulinary Ginger
Pork Tenderloin CarnitasFeasting Not Fasting
Pork Tenderloin With Classic Mole SaucePork
Mexican Adobo Rubbed Grilled Pork TenderloinSkinnytaste
Smoky Pork Tenderloin TacosPork
Crispy Baked PorkSlender Kitchen
Pork Souvlaki With OreganoBBC
Parmesan Baked Pork ChopsJust a Pinch
Chili PorkMetabolic Balance
Low Carb Chinese BBQ Pork – Keto Char Siu PorkMy Keto Kitchen
Thai Grilled Pork | Moo YangLeite's Culinaria
Garlic-Herb Roast PorkPork
Crispy Slow-Roasted Pork BellyThe Spruce
Char Siu Porkoldfatguy.ca
Roasted Spicy CauliflowerKalyn's Kitchen
Mojo Recipe (Spicy Latin Sauce)Gimmedelicious
Low-Carb Easy To Make Egg Roll In A BowlStylish Cravings
Lemon Cloud Bread Donuts360 Family Nutrition
Healthy Peanut Butter Snack BallsRuffles And Rain Boots
Spicy Chipotle KetchupSkinnytaste
Spicy Ethiopian Lentil StewConnoisseurus Veg
Spicy Tomato Cream PastaSpicy Southern Kitchen