- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs (diced)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 14 ounces mixed beans (in chile sauce, or 7 oz kidney beans plus 7 oz sweet corn)
- 4 tortilla wraps (large)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup jack cheese (shredded Monterrey)
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 ounces queso fresco (crumbled)
- 1 avocado (pit removed, peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 tomato (quartered, seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch ovenproof dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook the chicken in batches, turning until golden brown. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic for 1–2 mins, until the onion is soft. Stir in the cumin, paprika, and coriander and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the beans and season to taste. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the wraps on a work surface. Divide the chicken mixture evenly between each one, then roll up to enclose the filling. Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with jack cheese. Next, combine the sour cream and milk and pour over the casserole; top with crumbled queso fresco and bake for 20–25 mins, until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste. Serve the tortillas with the salsa on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories820Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|