- 3/4 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 head cauliflower (about 6 cups florets)
- 4 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 3 cumin (generous shakes of spicy seasoning -, chili powder, cayenne, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (OR just a minced garlic clove or two)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (or ground almonds)
- 3/4 cup pepperjack cheese (shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 lime juice (good squeezes of)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage (chopped)
- sauce (magic green)
- chipotle mayo
- buns (may I recommend jalapeño cheddar?)
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jade Suede 7 Jun
Oh my! Does this burger hit the spot!
Dan Gamez 6 Jun
The patties were really prone to falling apart, but otherwise they were pretty good! I served it with lettuce and tomato also, and they were very filling
Paul Irvin 3 Jun
Surprisingly tasty and filling! A definitely repeat!
Karen S. 21 May
I tried to make these burgers and no matter what I did they fell apart. Ended up being like scrambled eggs with quinoa. Love the taste but could not eat as a burger! Any suggestions!
Karen 20 May
A bit time consuming, but so tasty! Even my non-vegetarian kids liked them. The cilantro lime slaw, green sauce, and chipotle mayo all add to the taste. I also topped with some home-made pickled onions - Yum! These freeze well. With a quick re-heat in the toaster oven, you're ready to eat.
Linda Hrushanyk 2 May
I made this burger minus the green sauce and it was really good. The Chipotle mayo, the red cabbage slaw really goes well with the burger. When I have more time, I will make the green sauce. Great recipe,. Thank you!
Rasheen 31 Oct 2017
It was delicious !!!!