This spicy beef dish is bursting with bold flavors for a filling and delicious dinner. The beef is cooked with onion and bamboo shoots and then dressed with a spicy soy sauce and red wine sauce. The meat is served alongside couscous, which gets a beautiful golden color from the addition of saffron. In addition to the saffron, the couscous is also flavored with lemon and parsley, both of which are perfect accents to the beef.
- 300 grams beef
- 200 grams bamboo shoots
- 1 onions
- 2 tablespoons chili compote
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1/2 lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 150 grams couscous
- 200 milliliters boiling water
- 1 tablespoon indian saffron
- 1 teaspoon lemon (and parsley)
- olive oil
- Cook the meat in the pressure cooker.
- Once done, remove and set aside.
- Cut the onion into slices.
- Put the meat on a baking dish, add the bamboo, onion, chili compote, soy sauce, red wine, half-lime juice, seasoning salt, a strand of olive oil and wrap well with tin foil.
- Bake or saute in wok.
- Add the cilantro and serve hot accompanied by couscous.
- To make the couscous, simply place the couscous in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil, then remove from the heat and add the saffron and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the water over the couscous and let sit until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, then the lemon and parsley and fluff the grains with a fork.