Spicey Sweet PotatoesCasseroles et claviers
Sweet potatoes are a nutritious and flavor-packed vegetable that can take on a variety of different flavors. This sweet potato recipe features a variety of herbs and spices, such as coriander, cumin, and sumac, for a bold and flavor-packed dish. You can enjoy these right out of the oven as a snack or pair them with some steak or chicken at dinner time.
- 1 kilogram sweet potatoes
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (leafless)
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 410 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Peel the sweet potatoes.
- 3Using a mandolin (or food processor with the slicing blade), cut them into thin slices.
- 4In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes slices with thyme, a pinch of cayenne pepper, coriander seeds, cumin, sumac, and olive oil..
- 5Mix well to coat all the slices with spices and oil.
- 6Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 7Ideally there should be single layer of slices.
- 8Bake 15 to 20 minutes turning the slices of sweet potatoes once during cooking.
- 9Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
- 10Serve with a grilled fish or grilled white meat.