Lamb is a rich and hearty meat that is perfect for special occasions. This Spicy Lamb Stew and Chick Peas is decadent, savory, and aromatic. It takes 80 minutes to prepare this dish. this recipe combines boneless lamb shoulder with savory spices for a flavor that is out of this world. If you need something special for a family gathering or dinner party, then try this delicious stew. Happy cooking!
- 1 lamb shoulder (boneless, about 1.2 kg.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 sprigs herb (fresh thyme)
- 1/2 chicken broth cube
- 1 can chickpeas (optional)
- Cut lamb shoulder into large cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add lamb cubes.
- Brown quickly. Stir and add cumin, paprika, and cinnamon.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, broth cube, and a little water until liquid covers meat. Season with salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Add the chickpeas 10 minutes before cooking is done.
- This stew can be prepared in advance and reheated, or frozen.