Spicey Lamb Stew and Chick PeasOn dine chez Nanou
Lamb is a rich and hearty meat that is perfect for special occasions. This Spicy Lamb Stew and Chick Peas is decadent, savory, and aromatic. It takes 80 minutes to prepare this dish. this recipe combines boneless lamb shoulder with savory spices for a flavor that is out of this world. If you need something special for a family gathering or dinner party, then try this delicious stew. Happy cooking!
- 1 lamb shoulder (boneless, about 1.2 kg.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 sprigs herbs (fresh thyme)
- 1/2 chicken broth cubes
- 1 can chickpeas (optional)
- 1Cut lamb shoulder into large cubes.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add lamb cubes.
- 3Brown quickly. Stir and add cumin, paprika, and cinnamon.
- 4Add tomatoes, thyme, broth cube, and a little water until liquid covers meat. Season with salt to taste.
- 5Bring to a boil, and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- 6Add the chickpeas 10 minutes before cooking is done.
- 7This stew can be prepared in advance and reheated, or frozen.