Made without eggs, these Spiced Vegetable Fritters are savory vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free. Served as a snack or appetizer, these Spiced Vegetable Fritters are full of delicious flavor and a punch of heat from the addition of green chiles. The fritter batter is made from a blend of chickpea and rice flour and water to which is added a spiced blend of coriander, cumin, cilantro, and chile peppers. Coat potato wedges, cauliflower florets, and slices of eggplant in the batter and fry until golden.
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 Tbsp. rice flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 green chili peppers (diced)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (diced)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 potato (small, finely sliced)
- 8 cauliflower (florets)
- 1/2 zucchini (finely sliced)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Mix the chickpea flour, rice flour, and water together. A thick batter should result.
- Stir in the crushed coriander, cumin, chili peppers, cilantro, and salt.
- Coat pieces of potato, cauliflower, and zucchini with the batter and add them in batches to the oil to fry. Remove to paper towels to drain before eating.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes