Made without eggs, these Spiced Vegetable Fritters are savory vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free. Served as a snack or appetizer, these Spiced Vegetable Fritters are full of delicious flavor and a punch of heat from the addition of green chiles. The fritter batter is made from a blend of chickpea and rice flour and water to which is added a spiced blend of coriander, cumin, cilantro, and chile peppers. Coat potato wedges, cauliflower florets, and slices of eggplant in the batter and fry until golden.
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green chilies (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 potatoes (small, finely sliced)
- 8 cauliflower (florets)
- 1/2 zucchini (finely sliced)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Mix the chickpea flour, rice flour, and water together. A thick batter should result.
- Stir in the crushed coriander, cumin, chili peppers, cilantro, and salt.
- Coat pieces of potato, cauliflower, and zucchini with the batter and add them in batches to the oil to fry. Remove to paper towels to drain before eating.