Jelly rolls are nostalgic and fun desserts that are perfect for gatherings among friends, holidays, celebrations, coffee with friends, and if you need something sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe for Spiced Raspberry and Light Vanilla Whipped Cream Jelly Roll is both decadent and light. It takes 65 minutes to prepare and has 290 calories per serving. The creamy and dreamy filling will tantalize your taste buds. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 40 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon spice (gingerbread)
- 1 jar raspberry jam
- 300 grams whipping cream (liquid)
- 2 fresh raspberries (baskets)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In mixing bowl, add 2 eggs and the extra yolk. Add 110 grams of granulated sugar and beat for 6 to 8 minutes until mixture doubles in volume, and becomes clearer (it is really important to beat for 6 to 8 minutes so that the cake rises properly).
- Add cornstarch, flour, and gingerbread spices. Mix gently.
- Separate 2 remaining eggs.
- In another bowl, beat 2 egg whites, gradually add the remaining 60 grams of sugar, continue beating.
- Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture with a flexible spatula gently lifting the mixture, the preparation should be very light.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, smooth the surface, bake for 15-20 minutes until the cake is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on a clean cloth. As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, invert it onto the cloth and remove the parchment paper. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam on top of the cake.
- Mix the cream with the confectioners sugar and vanilla seeds, whip.
- Spread the cream on the jam, leaving 1 centimeter from the edge uncovered. Add raspberries cut in halves (keep some for decoration), roll the cake very tight.
- Place on a serving dish, sprinkle with confectioners sugar, garnish with raspberries.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.