The perfect harvest themed treat, this Spiced Pumpkin Tart is a beautiful rustic tart with a cornucopia of autumn spice flavors. The crust for this Spiced Pumpkin Tart is particularly unique as it is made from a blend of wheat and rice flour, flavor…
d with a touch of cocoa, and is spiced with a blend of nutmeg, ginger, and black pepper. The pumpkin tart filling is made from a mixture of pumpkin, sugar, and marsala wine for a rich and smooth filling that pairs perfectly with the chai spiced crust.
- 100 grams rice flour
- 150 grams wheat flour (Khorasan)
- 200 grams salted butter
- 120 grams powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 grams cocoa (powdered)
- ground nutmeg
- ground ginger
- ground black pepper
- 600 grams pumpkin
- 300 grams raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ounce marsala wine
- lemon juice
- Knead the butter with the two types of flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch each of nutmeg, ginger, and black pepper, the cocoa, and the powdered sugar until it is similar to oatmeal in consistency.
- Add the egg yolks and knead quickly to combine.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for a few hours, overnight is recommended.
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it into small cubes, place it in a deep saucepan, add the juice of 1/2 lemon and a few tablespoons of water and cook until soft.
- Blend the cooked pumpkin with an immersion blender until creamy.
- Return the pumpkin to the stove and cook with the sugar, the nutmeg, and the Marsala wine.
- Cook the pumpkin for approximately 30 minutes, until it has thickened.
- Roll out the dough to a round sheet, keeping some of the dough for the lattice garnish.
- Line a pie plate with wax paper and add the pie crust.
- Make some holes in the pie crust with a fork and add the pumpkin and Marsala filling.
- Create a lattice effect on the pie with the crust set aside earlier.
- Bake the pie at 180C for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool.
|Calories1100Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.