Spiced Pear Apple SauceKitchenAid
A twist on a classic, this apple pear sauce is tasty stirred into hot oatmeal or served as a quick weeknight dessert. To ensure a nice texture, make sure to peel the apples before saucing.
- 2 pounds apples (peeled, cored and quartered)
- 1 pound pears (cored and quartered)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1Fit your KitchenAidJuicer Stand Mixer attachment with the saucing screen and run the apples and pears through the attachment. Pour the apple pear pulp into a saucepan and add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- 2To store, cool to remove temperature and spoon into a container with a tight-fitting lid. It will keep for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.