Spiced-Crusted Ribeye Pork Chop with Mango SaucePork
- 6 bone-in ribeye pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaves oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 mango (ripe, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice, about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lime
- 1To make the spice crust: In a small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, oregano, and thyme. Sprinkle the rub liberally on both sides of the chops (you might not use it all) and let rest 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the mango, salt, and all but 1 tablespoon of the scallions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions are soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the jar of a blender and add the lime juice. Blend on high until the sauce is smooth, about 1 minute. Let rest in the blender.
- 3Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chops until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest 3 minutes.
- 4Blend the sauce for about 10 seconds. Spoon the sauce onto plates and top with the chops. Garnish with the reserved scallions and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories100Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.