Chicken is a healthy and versatile meat that can be added to a lot of different dishes. This Spiced Chicken with Rice Salad recipe is a perfect pairing for a Sunday dinner for two. It takes 105 minutes to prepare. Ingredients needed to make this savory dish include boneless chicken breasts, cumin, paprika, salt, ground black pepper, brown rice, water, carrots, purple onion, fresh parsley, tomatoes, olive oil, and lemon.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 carrot (finely diced)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 tomato (seeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Mix equal parts cumin, paprika, and black pepper in a separate bowl to make a spice rub.
- Rub the chicken with salt and then with the spice mixture.
- Heat a skillet and spritz with cooking spray. Saute until well-cooked on both sides.
- Soak the rice in 3 cups hot water for 1 hour. Add a pinch of salt and cook on low heat for 45-50 minutes, covered, until all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place the rice into a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the carrot, red onion, parsley, tomato, olive oil, and the lemon juice and rind to the rice, mix well and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
|Calories490Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.