- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (McCormick®, Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (McCormick®, Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Nutmeg, Ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (finely)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen green peas (thawed)
- 1 cup carrots (grated)
- McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Cut the cauliflower into quarters through the stem. Trim and discard the core, then separate the head into florets. Place a third of the florets into a food processor and pulse in 2- to 3-second bursts until the cauliflower is finely chopped and has the consistency of couscous. Repeat twice, until all of the cauliflower is chopped. (One large head should yield approximately 8 cups chopped.)
- Combine the cumin, pepper, turmeric, ginger and nutmeg in a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon water. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until tender but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until aromatic, 30 seconds more. Stir in the spice mixture and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower, peas and carrots and stir well. Add some salt to taste. Cook, stirring often, until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowls and garnish with chives.