Spiced Apple CakeKooking
Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Spiced Apple Cake is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 1 apples
- butter (A bit of)
- brown sugar (A bit more of)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (about 2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread seasoning (cinnamon, clove, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg)
- 1Preheat oven to 250°C (approximately 480°F).
- 2Peel apple, remove core and cut into slices.
- 3Dot the bottom of the baking dish with small pieces of butter, brown sugar and half of apple slices until well covered.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until foamy.
- 5Add remaining ingredients, including remaining apple slices.
- 6Grease the sides of pan with non-stick spray or butter, and then pour in batter.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- 8Let cake rest in pan for about 5 minutes.
- 9Carefully remove cake from pan and let cool on a wire rack.