Spice Christmas CookiesOn dine chez Nanou
Christmastime is packed with family, love, friends, and really good food. If you have been asked to bring something sweet to the next gathering, then try these Spice Christmas Cookies. These sweet treats are stocked with hearty and aromatic spices. These cookies will harden as the cool, and turn into a crisp, crunchy treat that is full of spice and all things nice. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these as much as we do.
- 500 grams flour
- 150 grams butter
- 300 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F
- 2In a bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cardamom, and vanilla.
- 3Stir gradually while adding water.
- 4Mix and gradually add the flour and baking soda. Do not overwork the dough.
- 5If dough is too sticky, let it rest in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- 6Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes.
- 8Cookies will harden as they cool.
- 9Keep for one week in an airtight container.