- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- mixed berries
- maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in center. Whisk in combined milk and egg yolks until batter is smooth and bubbles form. Let stand for 20 mins.
- Beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl with an electric miser until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Using a ladle, spoon enough batter into pan to make a 5-inch circle. Cook for 2-3 mins, or until bubbles surface. Turn and cook the other side for 1 min.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with mixed berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Kim M. 8 Oct
Sadly, I should have tried this recipe BEFORE I had a house full of company. I wanted to have a recipe that was both wheat and dairy free which this is, but, it was incredibly disappointing and I threw the whole works out! (Three times the recipe!) the ratio of flour to liquid is off and even thinning the batter was no better, the pancakes were doughy in the middle. The picture looked so good but☹️. Also it did not specify whether to use light or whole spelt flour and I used the latter. Perhaps some baking powder should have been added but by the time I tried thinning the batter and it didn’t turn out, I was in no mood to attempt anything else! PlanB breakfast!