Spelt Couscous with Roasted VegetablesAnanás e Hortelã
- 1 onions
- 1 leeks (the white part)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 sweet potatoes
- 2 beets (medium)
- 1/2 butternut squash
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- fresh rosemary
- 200 grams couscous (spelt)
- 400 milliliters water
- 1 lemon
- salt (to taste)
- fresh coriander (to taste)
- sliced almonds (toasted, taste)
- 1Peel the onion, carrots, sweet potatoes, beets and pumpkin.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- 3Line a large tray with aluminum foil.
- 4Cut the onion into quarters, the French garlic into slices and the beets, carrots, sweet potatoes and pumpkin into small cubes. Put on the board, and sprinkle with some olive oil, a drop of maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and thyme and rosemary for taste.
- 5Bake until tender and beginning to caramelize (between 35-45 minutes).
- 6In a large bowl, place the couscous, salt to taste and lemon zest.
- 7Add the boiling water, cover and wait 5 minutes.
- 8Then separate the grains with a fork.
- 9Add the vegetables to the couscous and mix smoothly.
- 10Serve warm or cold with chopped coriander and the almonds to taste.