A delicate, smooth, and mellow tasting ice cream that clearly mergers together salty, sweet, and savory essences. Liquid cream, whole milk, and eggs add a good amount of fat needed to keep the ice cream from becoming too hard once frozen. Speculoos are buttery and flakey adding a small amount of crumbly texture and savory undertones to counter the ice creams sweetness.
- 175 grams speculaas cookies
- whole milk (20 cl.)
- 4 yolk
- 120 grams sugar
- cream (30 cl.)
- Place the ice cream maker's bowl in freezer at least 18 hours before use.
- Mix cookies and set aside.
- Put the egg yolks and the sugar in the food processor bowl.
- Install the flexible beater and splash guard lid.
- Set the timer for 2 minutes and speed at level 2.
- Then add milk and cream.
- Set the temperature to 180F, the timer for 8 minutes and the speed ""Mixture 1""
- Once finished cooking, pour the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate.
- The preparation must be cold before being poured into the ice cream maker.
- Install the cooled bowl.
- Adjust the speed to 3 and set the timer to 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the bowl through the opening of the lid.
- Add the speculoos, set the timer to 5 minutes and the speed to 3.
- Place in freezer.