Similar to a deconstructed apple pie crumble, this dessert combines everyone’s favorite Autumn and Holiday flavors of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Incorporating speculoos into the crumble topping adds a very delicate flavor. The syrupy apple filling will settle into the crumble, making each bite bursting with spicy tart and buttery flavor. Spoon the filling into a bowl, top with crumble, and maybe even a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
- 50 grams softened butter
- 75 grams flour
- 75 grams brown sugar
- 6 speculaas cookies
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Crumble Preparation:
- Prepare the dough by mixing softened butter, flour, and brown sugar with your fingers.
- Put the speculoos in plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or other utensil.
- Leave some small pieces to get a crunchy texture.
- Mix the crushed cookies into the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Apple Filling Preparation:
- Peel, core, and cut apples into small cubes.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the apple cubes and sugar. Mix well.
- When apples start to turn a golden color, add cinnamon, mix again, and stop cooking.
- Put the apples in mini-casseroles.
- Cover with the crumble.
- Bake for 30 minutes.