Sweet treats do not have to cost a fortune to make or take all day in the kitchen. This recipe for Specul'Pom is a sweet and delicious dessert you can serve up any day of the week. Do you have a special event coming up and want to surprise your friends and family with your culinary skills? The apples, mascarpone cheese, spices and speculoos biscuits blend perfectly in the palate pleasing confection.
- 12 speculoos cookies
- 3 eggs
- 140 grams brown sugar
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- 3 apples
- Grind the cookies with a mortar.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Reserve the whites.
- Mix the yolks with 100 grams of sugar until frothy.
- Add the mascarpone and stir gently.
- Mix well, the mixture should be smooth and well blended.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
- Fold them into the mascarpone mixture, gently lifting the batter with a wooden spatula.
- Set aside.
- Wash the apples. Peel them and cut them into pieces.
- Heat 40 grams of butter in saucepan, add the apples, and cook on low heat until the apples are caramelized and golden brown.
- In dessert glasses: add a layer of the crushed cookies, a second layer of caramelized apple, and a final layer of mousse.
- To garnish, place 2 small pieces if raw apple on top, and sprinkle with cookie crumbs and chocolate shavings.