Sweet treats do not have to cost a fortune to make or take all day in the kitchen. This recipe for Specul'Pom is a sweet and delicious dessert you can serve up any day of the week. Do you have a special event coming up and want to surprise your friends and family with your culinary skills? The apples, mascarpone cheese, spices and speculoos biscuits blend perfectly in the palate pleasing confection.
- 12 speculaas cookies
- 3 eggs
- 140 grams brown sugar
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 3 apples
- 1Grind the cookies with a mortar.
- 2Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- 3Reserve the whites.
- 4Mix the yolks with 100 grams of sugar until frothy.
- 5Add the mascarpone and stir gently.
- 6Mix well, the mixture should be smooth and well blended.
- 7Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
- 8Fold them into the mascarpone mixture, gently lifting the batter with a wooden spatula.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Wash the apples. Peel them and cut them into pieces.
- 11Heat 40 grams of butter in saucepan, add the apples, and cook on low heat until the apples are caramelized and golden brown.
- 12In dessert glasses: add a layer of the crushed cookies, a second layer of caramelized apple, and a final layer of mousse.
- 13To garnish, place 2 small pieces if raw apple on top, and sprinkle with cookie crumbs and chocolate shavings.