An effortless egg dish is just what you need in your back pocket most days. This one demands only that you melt butter and brown speck in it before cooking the eggs with the mixture until soft. Then, simply season them with salt and pepper and serve. Any type of ham will do, whether it's serrano or prosciutto.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices speck (medium thickness, may substitute prosciutto or smoked bacon)
- 2 eggs
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Melt the butter in a nonstick or cast-iron pan.
- Place the speck slices in the pan and brown them lightly.
- Break the eggs in the pan on top of the speck slices. Stir the egg just enough to delicately break the yolk. The eggs should be soft.
- Season with salt (remember that the speck is already quite salty) and pepper to taste.