Spatzle LasagnaL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Spatzle are little irregularly shaped noodles that are a specialty of Austria and which are usually simply served with butter and cheese as a side dish. Here, however, the spatzle replace the usual sheet noodles to make an otherwise traditional lasagna with all the usual components: meat sauce, bechamel sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan. You'll need to prepare the sauces from your favorite recipes (or you can buy the meat sauce, if desired).
- tomato sauce
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cook the spaetzle for a few minutes until al dente.
- 3Grease the bottom of a baking dish and begin preparing the layers: Spaetzle, meat sauce bechamel sauce, salted ricotta shavings, a few mozzarella cubes, Parmesan cheese and so on to the last layer, finishing off with the meat sauce, bechamel sauce, Parmesan cheese and pats of butter.
- 4Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- 5Switch the oven's broiler function on and broil for 5 minutes.